- Wow! What an AMAZING service yesterday! The worship was smokin' good!
Anytime we sing "Sweep Me Away" and "How He Loves Us" in the same service ... love it!
- It is one thing to say you BELIEVE in God;
It is something entirely different to say you KNOW Him.
- Check out what the Bible says about people who say they know God, but don't really know Him:
- Isaiah 29:13
- Titus 1:16
- 1 John 2:4
- Matthew 7:21-23 (you know, where Jesus says that not everyone who calls out "Lord Lord" will get into heaven) scares the fire out of me as a pastor!
- This passage keeps me awake at night!
- Many people who say they know Him but don't live out their faith ... many who do some great things under the banner of "following Jesus" but don't actually know Him enough to obey Him ... won't make it to heaven (even though the think they will).
- 3 EASY WAYS TO GET TO KNOW GOD:
- Read His Word - you have time and, don't tell me you don't understand the Bible. You have a 0% chance of understanding the Bible if you don't read it. Stop making excuses!
- Pray - not the "God is great, God is good" prayer. Pray with your life - every circumstance, every day.
- Be Around His People - the people you're around will dictate the life you live.
- Dozens of people raised their hands for prayer desiring to KNOW God instead of just believing Him!
- I don't often say it, but if you missed the service/sermon from the weekend, make sure to download the podcast at www.liveoakcc.com.