I saw this video the other day and was mesmerized by it. Take a few minutes and check it out:
Just a few brief thoughts:
SOMETIMES I MISS THE DOTS BECAUSE I'M ONLY WATCHING THE CIRCLE.
I'm sure the majority of people never saw the dots moving back and forth until it was pointed out, all they could see was the circle moving around and around. I spend a lot of time looking at "big picture" stuff: at the church, in our family, in my life.
- Sometimes I need to take more time to see all of the intricacies that God is doing in my life.
- Sometimes I need to appreciate how God is working all of the pieces into an order, and I should be more grateful for His process.
- Sometimes I need to realize that without the dots, the circle doesn't happen.
- Sometimes I need to accept that the "big picture" is often out of my control and in His control.
SOMETIMES I MISS THE CIRCLE BECAUSE I'M ONLY WATCHING THE DOTS.
It is pretty amazing to me how each dot is simply moving on one line, back and forth, over and over. I'm not sure I'm smart enough or observant enough to pick out the dots on the lines. Funny though, after I watched the video my eyes were drawn to the dots, watching them move back and forth. I think I was making sure it was true. Maybe I was just waiting for one of the dots to jump out of line. Crazy, but for a while all I could see where the dots!
- Sometimes I need to trust what I know so that the "whole" can work properly.
- Sometimes I need to step back and see "circle" so that I don't get mesmerized or trapped by they the "dots."
- Sometimes I need to accept that without circle, the dots are just dots on a line.
- Sometimes I need to accept that, while I often can only see a few dots, God can see the whole circle.
Balancing the "circle" and the "dots" is about two things for me:
- Am I seeing only what I want to see?
- Am I seeing only what I'm focusing on?
- Am I trusting only in what I can see?
- Am I trusting only in what I can control?
What about you?